Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dead Island

I'm not usually one for doing reviews for games or movies, but something about Dead Island is different. It EXCITES me. I haven't been this excited for a game since Parasite Eve 2, and that was when I was thirteen.

Where to start? Well, the official announcement video made me cry; however, I sort of blame half of  it on "Aunt Flow" if-ya-know-what-I-mean. Anyways, when I first watched this, the scene being in reverse made me think they put their daughter out for the zombies because she was bit. THAT made me cry. So, I re-watched it to see that that was not the case, but I still was super sad.

The game creators claim this game is going to be different; this game is going to actually scare us. At least that is what they're saying; I can only hope they will keep to their word.

The trailer alone makes me want to start running, eat healthier, increase my core strength and learn how to shoot a fucking gun. I'll be packing my army bag full of non-perishables in case I need to haul ass out of here. So yeah, that's my little mindless dribble about Dead Island. I hope you guys enjoy.

Also, anyone who's into Zombie games/movies/books, I suggest you read beyond exile day by day Armageddon. This story ALSO got me so paranoid I slept with my doors locked and my knife under my pillow.

6 comments:

  1. MAN... I still need to play Parasite Eve 2 one of these days. Been replaying the first one lately and can't get past the warehouse. XD;;

    Dead Island has some pretty sweet graphics, though. Some of the most realistic I've seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I got chills when I first saw it. Really powerful trailer. I seriously CAN NOT WAIT to see this game play out.

    "The trailer alone makes me want to start running, eat healthier, increase my core strength and learn how to shoot a fucking gun." I lol'd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. That trailer... Ah. I want that game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this would be the first artsy zombie video game ever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, wow, Parasite Eve 2, nostalgia'd hard. You should definitely learn how to shoot a gun, I think you'll find it's actually a very positive experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that Parasite Eve is getting so much love! I'll have to write a blog on the new Parasite Eve game coming out in March.

    I am planning to learn to shoot a gun once the weather gets warmer. Going to start doing a lot once it gets warmer...

    ReplyDelete